Tuesday, June 24, 2014

From Philadelphia, Pennsylvania-USA

I'd like to talk to you, Michael, about gifts. The gift you were, the gift you continue to be, and the gifts you gave.

Unaware of me as an individual, you were nonetheless willing to give me so much.  I so desperately wish I had been able to do the same for you.  Since that chance has long passed, each day now, I try to give love in your name. 

Because of you, sweet Michael, I am aware of doing, saying, and even thinking "the right thing" more than ever before.  Because of you, I try to love more than I ever did.  Because of you, I remember integrity in responding to every fellow human being.  Because of the injustice you suffered; the dignity with which you endured it; and the sadness that hits when I realize how painful that must have been for such a sensitive soul, I cannot turn my head from need and simply look away without trying to do SOMEthing. The more I know about your work and your resolve, the more I want to do good things on your behalf.

Because of you, there is so much pure joy in my life - the sound of your voice, whether speaking or singing; reading your poignant heartfelt words; just seeing that smile... 

Because of you, I've become connected with strangers a literal world away whom I call friends now.  May we always keep to the L.O.V.E. we've learned from your life. 

At every moment of every day and night, I thank God again and again for having sent you - generous gift ofbeauty that you were - and for allowing me to walk the world at the same time you were here.  From your place in the universe, I hope you understand what "knowing" you means to me; that, stranger though I was to you, I love you as if you were one of my own.  

It's All for Love...L.O.V.E.

Rorie D'Amato


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sending Love from Around the World