Monday, April 14, 2014

When I think about the children and the state of the world today
I think about you, their ambassador for love and peaceful change
When I see their faces across the globe, the sad eyes, the hunger, the pain
I see a reflection of your eyes looking out to them in despair
When I close my eyes at night or even during the day
It’s your face I see reminding me that change starts with me
I am Michael Jackson
I am your legacy
I am your dream fulfilled
 
I am your crusader who will take the torch at my leg of the journey
And I will pass that torch to the next in line
Until that torch of compassionate and humanity
has traveled across the universe and back again
Because, I am Michael Jackson
I am your legacy
I am your dream fulfilled
 
It is a harder journey now that you are no longer here to lead
But I do not believe in impossibilities
So I reach up to you, up to the heavens above
Higher and higher, until I can feel you grasp my hand
I know that you won’t let it go, that you will be there, and I am not alone
And that gives me strength
That gives me hope
That gives me reason to keep pressing forward
Because I am Michael Jackson
I am your legacy
I am your dream fulfilled
 
The children are still crying
their tears fill the streets and the valleys of the less traveled roads
And it reminds me that We must do all in our power to manifest HIS dream for a better tomorrow
in the forefront of our minds today
We must continue the charge to heal the world
We must strive to find and to save all the loss children
We must to give them back loss childhoods, one by one, two by two
Because we are Michael Jackson
We are the foot soldiers in his Army
We are his legacy
We are his dream fulfilled
 
CassieForMaxwell
Cassaundra Mathis
9/11/09


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sending Love from Around the World